We use our fingers everyday and it is almost impossible to imagine life without them.
We use them to touch, tickle, scratch, massage, pick up objects, create Bling, express ourselves and SO much more!
The list goes on and on. Here are some just a few fun facts about your fingers:
1. There are no muscles in your fingers. The muscles that move your fingers are located in the palm and up in the mid forearm. They’re connected to the finger bones by tendons which pull and move the fingers like the strings of a puppet.
2. Nails tend to grow at a faster rate during the summertime, and they typically grow faster on a person’s dominant hand.
3. On average, women tend to have longer index fingers and men tend to have longer ring fingers.
4. Each hand contains: 29 major and minor bones, 29 major joints, at least 123 named ligaments, 34 muscles which move the fingers and thumb, 48 nerves and 30 named arteries.
5. Fingers are never perfectly straight . Usually, the index, ring and small finger each curve sideways slightly toward the middle finger, and the middle finger may curve toward either side.